Reporting to the Chief Content & Commercial Officer, with a strong dotted line to the Chief Digital Officer, the Head of B2B Sales will focus on the management of products and people within the B2B advertising team. You will take a strategic lead of the brands under their remit. You will develop the brands’ commercial strategies ensuring they are customer-led and that customer needs are identified and considered in wider decision-making and product development. This role is also responsible for driving digital and creative opportunities within B2B advertising.
- To be responsible for proposing the advertising budgets, costs, prices and individual sales targets of the brands under his or her remit (modern military aviation; commercial aviation; modern rail).
- To oversee all sales activities to maximise sales revenue, to meet agreed targets across both print and digital media.
- To develop strategies alongside the C-suite to build the commercial performance of the brands.
- To manage, develop and coach through encouragement of the right behaviours to ensure targets are achieved.
- To manage and maintain effective staff incentive schemes to maximize sales growth.
- To proactively manage the commercial performance of the freelance agents on modern rail.
- To grow sustainable relationships with customers to achieve greater loyalty. This will involve understanding our customers’ businesses extremely well and taking the lead on networking extensively to achieve this.
- To join pitches on key accounts and challenge the status quo to deliver growth for Key Publishing Ltd.
- To maintain a strong understanding of significant accounts and to bring that insight back to the business to deliver enhanced commercial partnerships.
- To grow, develop and monetise further the company’s portfolio through strategic planning.
- To maintain and develop excellent relationships with all internal departments.
- To work with the CCCO and C-suite in developing and implementing the business strategy.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Managed a sales operation of more than £1m per annum and line-managed teams of more than three people
- Accomplished sales and negotiation skills
- Rounded people management capability
- Strong digital and customer-first creative selling
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet a wide range of demands
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to suit the audience
- Able to understand and use data to support arguments
- Excellent management skills
- Good use of written and verbal English
- Able to identify and act quickly upon business opportunities
- Sharp business acumen